Italian language courses for priests and men and women religious
On the hill north of Perugia, called Monteripido, just outside the medieval gate of Sant’Angelo, the blessed Egidio, third companion of Francis of Assisi, took up residence there in 1229. A few years after his death, the place, on which a domus, an oratorium and other buildings were built, was donated by the noble Coppoli family to the friars with the clause of living there to preserve and spread the memory of Egidio.
The ancient university tradition of the city of Perugia soon intertwined with the Franciscan tradition.
One of the places where this happened in the past and continues in the present is the Convent of San Francesco del Monte – Monteripido, located not far from the University, in one of the places where nature, art, history and holiness give a particular connotation to the territory.
In the old Convent there is now Casa Monteripido, a residence for students and university professors and a hotel; the large structure is also able to accommodate conferences and spiritual retreats.
Casa Monteripido combines the proximity to the historic center of Perugia (15 minutes walk) and the university departments, with the tranquility of a Franciscan place, particularly suitable for rest, study and reflection.
Casa Monteripido, officially recognized as a one-star hotel, has single, double and triple rooms, all with bathroom, and large historical rooms for the reception of guests for short stays, parish and church groups who want to live a time of retreat in a place of particular beauty and architectural value, surrounded by silence and nature.
The hotel makes available:
- single, double and triple rooms, all with bathroom
- room cleaning and linen change
- free internet access in every room
- study rooms, TV room and refreshment rooms
- wide open spaces
- car park
- kitchen in self-management and refectory
During the summer months, in conjunction with the absence of university students, Casa Monteripido offers the possibility of hosting spiritual and cultural courses, organized by the Community of Friars of the Convent and by lay people.
During the months of July and August, various training courses will be held:
Italian course for priests and religious (August 2019)
The growing demand and the desire to better meet the needs of brother priests and foreign religious who intend to study the Italian language have led our community to seek collaboration with the University for Foreigners, which has made itself available to offer specific courses at our convent.
- Corso: Rivolto a sacerdoti e religiose/i provenienti da ogni parte del mondo. il corso intende offrire un’adeguata preparazione linguistica sulla base del livello frequentato. L’attivazione del corso specifico, previsto a Monteripido per il prossimo Agosto, richiede un numero minimo di 8 studenti di pari livello nella conoscenza della lingua italiana. Il costo mensile del corso è di 500,00 €. NB: Oltre alla compilazione del format a fondo pagina, è necessario iscriversi al corso tramite il sito dell’Università per Stranieri.
- Lodging: You can reside at Casa Monteripido, which provides rooms, single or double, weekly cleaning services and study rooms, as well as the opportunity to share the prayer with the religious community, happy to welcome consecrated persons. The cost for accommodation is € 400.00 per month in single room and € 270.00 in double room.
- Meals: Wishing to provide a quality service, Casa Monteripido offers good Italian cuisine. The cost of full board is 600,00 € per month. Meals will be provided by the catering “Ora et ristora” of Operation Mato Grosso, which sends all the proceeds to their missions in Latin America.